Monday 9 April 2018

Pork Sausage Stew with Tomato and Blue Stilton

A pack of outdoor-bred pork sausages close to the use-by date, so I delinked the sausages and roasted them in a casserole dish in the oven for forty minutes at 190 deg C. I allowed them to cool before slicing them into elliptical roundels.

I made a sauce with 200g of tomato passata, with chopped onion and diced green pepper. The sauce was allowed to simmer for forty-five minutes before I added the sausage pieces. I also added about 100g of crumbled blue Stilton cheese, and stirred the sauce for about five minutes until all the cheese dissolved.

Finally I added some herbs (oregano, basil) and some vegetable stock.

Served with a chipped potato hash. I cut two Maris Piper potatoes into chips, and par-boiled them for ten minutes. Once cooled, they were dipped into a bowl containing a dressing made with vinegar, olive oil, tomato puree, oregano and thyme. Then they were placed into a roasting tray, spaced out, and cooked under the grill for twenty minutes or thereabouts. Check their status by eye is always the golden rule for grilling anything.

A fabulously tasty and cheap to prepare meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment