Tuesday 22 May 2018

Ham, Egg, and Oven Roasted Chips

I've liked chips since I was a child, but I can't remember the last time I deep-fried them. Those days
are gone. I used semi-skinned chpped potatoes here.

The chips were marinaded in a mixture of tomato ketchup, paprika, vinegar from a jar of marinaded peppers, black pepper, a teaspoonful of sunflower oil, a pinch of dried rosemary, a pinch of salt, and stirred occasionally until they were thoroughly coated.  The were roasted in an oven preheated to around 190 deg C for twenty five minutes. Always check the progress of chips roasting in the oven, particularly in the last ten minutes or so.

You can experiment with other herbs in the mixture. Coriander is a good choice, as is oregano.

Served with two slices of breaded ham from Morrison's, and a fried egg, cooked in a small pan, sunny side up. An old favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment