Friday 12 October 2018

Salami and Mushroom Omelette

Some sliced salami sausage in the fridge needed to be used, so I made this omelette ensemble in fifteen minutes, with three chopped chestnut mushrooms, and one diced white onion.

I cut around 30g of salami sausage into squares, and began to cook them in an omelette pan. Then I added the onion. No oil required, since salami is quite a fatty sausage. Then I chopped the mushrooms and added them also. Cooked at a high heat to start, but then turned down very low. Stir frequently.

I beat two medium sized eggs in a bowl, and added a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of salt. Then I added some water to the mix, and beat it again. I add a bit more water than I used to, since it produces a softer and fluffier omelette, as I've found.

After ten minutes the salami and the vegetable components will be ready. Add the beaten egg mixture as evenly as possible. Cover the pan with a glas lid and cook at the lowest heat until the surface of the omelette becomes firm. Then turn the omelette and cook for another three minutes before serving.

Served in this case with a four baby leaf salad, and a drizzle of tomato ketchup. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment