Sunday 21 October 2018

Seafood Risotto, with Mussels, Prawns and Squid

I rarely escape Morrison's fish section without buying something. Yesterday I bought some fillets to go into the freezer, and also a selection of seafood which I thought might be part of a curry. I changed my mind, and decided on a risotto.

First I prepared diced vegetables - carrot, half a courgette, and half a yellow pepper. Plus two crushed cloves of garlic. Boiled for around twenty-five minutes under glass. Drained and set aside.

The rice was prepared next - cooked in boiling water for about 12 minutes, which is a bit longer than how long you would cook basmati if you were serving it with a curry. I wanted a sticky texture to the rice for this risotto. I used a quarter cup of rice for this dish.

The seafood was already cooked, so it was a matter of reheating it. I did this in a bowl in a steamer. Five minutes is enough, if the steamer is already steaming.

While the seafood was being heated, I added the vegetables and the rice together in a pan. I added lots of freshly ground black pepper to the mixture, and a few dashes of Tabasco sauce for heat. I added the seafood when it was ready, and stirred together. Then I decanted it onto a serving plate.

A really satisfying risotto, which disappeared from the plate very quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment