Tuesday 23 October 2018

Cubed Beef Stew

The beef was browned in a saute pan with a drizzle of sunflower oil. Started at a high heat, and then lowered, stirring regularly.

After ten to fifteen minutes I added two medium sized diced onions, and two diced carrots. Stir-fried for fifteen minutes or so until the onions became semi-transparent.

I added half a green bell pepper, cut into strips. Cooked for another five minutes before I added about half a pint of boiling water, a little tomato puree, and vegetable and beef stock.

Stirred thoroughly, and simmered under glass at a low heat for another hour and a half, until the beef is deliciously tender.

Before serving I added a pinch each of dried rosemary, and dried thyme.

Served with half a head of brocolli cooked for about twelve minutes in a steamer. I cut it into smaller pieces once on the plate. Dressed with black pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment