Friday 19 October 2018

Spaghetti Parmigiana, with Bell Pepper and Spanish Onion

A simple and tasty vegetarian dish (at least before the grated cheese was added). I stir-fried diced carrot, Spanish onion and half a green pepper, together with four green finger chillies (topped) and four crushed cloves of garlic.

Once the onion being to turn golden brown, I added boiling water to the mix, plus some tomato puree, in order to create spicy salsa.

The mix was simmered at a low heat under glass for around forty-five minutes.

While the salsa was simmering, I cut a piece off a wedge of Parmagiano Reggiano cheese and grated it finely. Ten minutes before serving, I put the spaghetti into a pot of boiling water, turned down the heat, and cooked it under glass.

I drained the spaghetti, and decanted it to.a serving plate. After adding a pinch of oregano, I added four wooden spoonfuls of the vegetable salsa on top, and then spread the grated cheese across it. Hot and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment