Sunday 6 January 2019

Fillet of Cod, with a Garlic and Black Bean Rice Risotto

I wasn't sure this fillet of cod would stay together after cooking, so I had two alternative meals in mind. If it broke apart, I would flake the cod, and mix it together with the risotto. If it didn't, I would serve the risotto as an accompaniment. The fillet stayed together, as you can see.

The fish was cooked in a melted knob of butter in a flat and lidded skillet for ten minutes, at a low heat. No need to turn it.

The rice was cooked in a small high-sided pan, with some Brussels sprouts, diced Italian style, for ten to eleven minutes. It was allowed to stand without heat for a further five minutes before being drained.

I added the risotto to a bowl, and added a couple of teaspoonfuls of the garlic and black bean sauce. It was stirred thoroughly through the risotto, before being decanted to the serving plate. Served with freshly ground black pepper. Delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment