Wednesday 10 March 2021

Singapore Fried Noodles with Chicken


I respect many aspects of chinese cooking, but I tend to avoid cooking at very high temperatures (I can't stand the smoke in the kitchen). The vegetables (with the ginger, garlic and diced chillies) were fried at a very low heat for about twenty minutes. Then set aside. After that I cooked the diced chicken breast, again very slowly at first - altogether for about twenty minutes in the same oil I used to cook the vegetables. 

The Singapore noodles were sourced from Sainsbury's, who supply a couple of varieties (plain and curried) which are pretty authentic. I steamed them first for a few minutes (or you can blanche them in boiling water). Then they were drained and then fried in sunflower oil at a high heat for a couple of minutes in a skillet. Meanwhile the chicken and vegetables were being reheated in another pan. 

Assembled on a plate with a drizzle of dark soy sauce. Utterly delicious!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment