Wednesday 16 January 2019

Garlic and Black Bean Stir Fry

The stir-fry mix was sourced from the local Co-op at a bargain price. Since I also had some mushrooms in the fridge which needed to be used, I decided on a stir-fry with mushrooms in a garlic and black bean sauce.

I diced eight mushrooms (I discarded the stalks) into four pieces, and stir fried them in a little sunflower oil. I also deseeded a red and a green chilli pepper, and cut them into small pieces. The chillies were fried with the mushrooms, along with two small julienned white onions.

Once the onions began to brown, I added two teaspoonfuls of the black bean sauce, plus about 100 mls of boiling water, stirred everything together, and allowed this keynote of the dish to simmer under glass for ten minutes at a low heat. Check the pan regularly so that the sauce has the desired consistency.

The stir-fry mix was 26 per cent sliced red and orange bell peppers. Much of the rest of it was three colours of cabbage leaves (purple and light and dark green), plus bean sprouts and diced onion. I heated a flat pan and brought some groundnut oil to a high heat before adding the mix. I turned the heat down, and stirred the vegetables every thirty seconds or so, for around eight minutes.

After that, the stir-fry was decanted to the serving plate, and the mushrooms in the garlic and black bean sauce were spooned on top. Easy to prepare, healthy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment