Friday 4 January 2019

Beef and Mushroom Chilli

I browned some diced Scotch roast beef in some sunflower oil, for twenty minutes, stirring frequently. After fifteen minutes I added diced red onion, and batoned carrot.

After the twenty minutes I added three quarters of a pint of boiling water, plus a teaspoonful of chilli powder,  the garlic, and four squirts of tomato puree.

The dish was simmered for an hour under glass at a low heat. Then I mashed the carrots a little and the beef a little, and added diced mushrooms (in this case both white and chestnut varieties).

 Simmered under glass for another hour. After which I added the beef and vegetable stock, plus generous pinches of coriander and oregano. Simmered for another ten minutes or so.

Served with turmeric basmati rice, seasoned with diced coriander leaves,

No comments:

Post a Comment