Tuesday 16 February 2021

King Prawns with Spaghetti, Garlic, Chilli and Ginger


Some nice pre-cooked Nicaraguan King Prawns sourced from Sainsbury's today. I looked through a number of relevant recipes first, and then came up with this one. 

I filled a large flat pan with water, and brought the water to the boil, adding a drizzle of olive oil. I added a handful of wheat-free spaghetti.  Cooked for ten minutes, stirring frequently. Cooked for a further ten minutes with a couple of spoonfuls of chopped tomatoes and about 100g of diced green beans (under glass). White pepper and dried Basil were added shortly before serving. 

three cloves of garlic (diced) were fried in another pan containing a little olive oil, along with diced fresh ginger and two green chillies. I allowed the contents of the pan to brown just a little, and then added the king prawns (140g). Stirred frequently, but largely cooked under glass at a medium heat for five minutes. 

Served together in a pasta bowl. Will feed two, but I polished off all of it by myself :-). 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment