Monday 1 April 2019

Roast Pork, Pasta, and Tomato Salsa

The dish was begun with frying diced leek and onion in some olive oil, for about seven minutes at a medium heat. Then I added a third of a pint of boiling water, and added three squirts of tomato puree.

After that I added some finely diced fresh coriander leaf (dried will do just fine instead), some oregano and half a teaspoonful of paprika.

Then I deseeded a red chilli and cut it into thin strips. I diced two cloves of garlic, and added them to the pan. I broke a couple of slices of the roast pork into smaller chunks, and added everything to the pan. The resulting pork and tomato salsa was simmered for half an hour at a low heat under glass.

Served in this case with wheat-free pasta, cooked in salted water with a little olive oil to prevent sticking Ten to twelve minutes preparation time.

Dress with some freshly ground black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment