Wednesday 12 October 2016

Vegetable Tikka Massala

I need to use up some vegetables in the fridge, so this was the result. Ingredients were: chopped green beans, mushrooms, celery, strips of yellow pepper, green chilli, diced carrot, and a large chopped onion. If I'd had some spinach in the fridge, I'd have added some of that too. 

The tikka massala sauce came ready made (Pataks), but I've explained elsewhere how to make it yourself, and why there is an element of mystery about what an authentic tikka massala sauce actually is. Click the label 'tikka' and you will find the other versions I've made and posted on this blog. 

All the vegetables were stir-fried in sunflower oil until tender, and then I added a little water to the pot, and simmered under glass for ten minutes. Then I added the sauce, and stirred it in. Cook at a medium heat for another ten minutes or so, and serve with basmati rice. The illustration shows the tikka massala in a balti-style serving dish, with the rice served in a ceramic bowl. 


Vegetable Tikka Massala

No comments:

Post a Comment