Sunday 4 September 2016

Egg Fried Rice


I made this dish of egg fried rice with vegetables in the evening of a day, where, because of events, I had no breakfast or lunch. A great catch-up meal in such circumstances. 

I boiled just over a quarter cup of brown basmati rice for 35 minutes while I prepared the vegetables. I added a little sunflower oil to the water to prevent sticking. No salt, which would lengthen the cooking time.  





 Egg Fried Rice


I added vegetables which were available in the fridge, including carrot, chilli, green pepper, a quarter head of brocolli, green peas, spring onion, chestnut mushrooms. I also added a chopped clove of garlic, and some ground ginger. The carrot was cut into thin slices with a peeler. The vegetables were stir-fried for about twenty minutes at a medium heat - I added some boiling water to the mix halfway through. Once the water had evaporated I added the drained basmati rice to the mix and turned up the heat. 

From this point the dish requires frequent stirring and your attention. I cracked an egg on the side of the wok, and stirred it in. Cook for another seven minutes at a medium heat. 

Serve on a plate with a spiral of dark soy sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy any kind of fried rice dish. Asian Buffet, here I come! (Tyler)

    ReplyDelete