Sunday 29 May 2016

Chicken, Mushroom and Black Bean Soup


Found some cheap chestnut mushrooms in town this afternoon, so this dish is the result.

I had some leftover roast chicken in a black bean sauce, to which I added chopped red chilli, a chopped clove of garlic, two spring onions, and 300 grammes of chopped chestnut mushrooms. I also added some water, a handful of khorasan wheat (also known as Kamut), and two dessert spoonfuls of oyster sauce. Cooked for forty minutes at a low heat under glass. Delicious!

A note from 20 May 2018. This is my most popular dish by a mile, and I don't know why. Sometimes I withdraw the recipe for a bit, to see what else might take its place at the top of the list. I did that over the past month, before restoring it. And it is back at the top in just a few days! It is a really delicious soup, which I've made a number of times since posting the recipe. Enjoy!



Chicken, Mushroom and Black Bean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment