Tuesday 17 July 2018

Prawn Stir-Fry with Bean Sprouts

A simple stir-fry with prawns from the freezer, which I steamed first for 8 or 9 minutes till they were properly thawed. The other ingredients were batoned carrot, diced red pepper, a couple of chopped spring onions, some Savoy cabbage, beansprouts, some Thai red chilli sauce, and dark soy.

The carrots were pre-cooked in sunflower oil (five minutes), then I added the cabbage, red pepper, spring onion, the prawns, and the beansprouts. Cooked at a high heat for four minutes, then I turned the heat down low, and cooked for another three to four minutes, stirring every ten seconds or so.

During this last stage I drizzled the chilli sauce and the dark soy into the wok. Stir-fries are best judged by eye, and when I judged it was ready, I decanted the contents of the pan on to a serving plate, on top of a spiral of dark soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment