Sunday 22 October 2017

Basa Fish with Green Beans

Basa fish, from Morrison's,  farmed in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam, with Kenyan green beans, plus some boiled potato, grown (probably) somewhere close to my house. An excellent Sunday lunch.

I've cooked Basa fish before, and it is otherwise known as 'river cobbler' or catfish. The fish is delicious, and it can be cut (as here) so that generally the fillet is bone free.

The potatoes were cooked earlier in the day. I used a flat bottomed pan to cook the fish in a little sunflower oil. The pan was on a high heat when I put in the fish, then I turned the heat down to the lowest level. The fillet was turned at seven minutes (under glass), and cooked for another seven minutes, with the lid at an angle to allow steam to escape.

The potatoes were added to the pan just before the fish: their sizzling told me the pan was at the right heat.

The green beans were simmered in a separate pan for fifteen minutes at a low heat under glass.

Dust the plate with some white pepper before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment