Wednesday 26 February 2020

Fried Lamb Leg Steak

One of the best meals I ever had was in Warsaw Airport in 2003. Fried lamb leg steaks served with basmati rice.

I was about to return home, and was looking to park somewhere for about 45 minutes, and to have something to eat. I found a small restaurant some distance from the departure lounge. I did not expect the glory that was put down in front of me.

The lamb was tender, and had delicious flavour. I complemented the manager on the quality of the food.

This is my take on that fabulous meal. Two lamb leg steaks, cooked slowly in olive oil for at least half an hour. Mostly under glass. Served with slightly caramelised batonned carrots, cooked in a little butter, and some turmeric rice (with some coriander leaf mixed through it), cooked for about twelve minutes.

The Warsaw dish was slightly better - I suspect the lamb was cooked by their chef for a little longer. But this is a great way to serve lamb steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment