Saturday 19 October 2019

Smoked Paprika Stew, with Chorizo Sausage

An utterly delicious chorizo sausage  stew, made with carrot, garlic, mushrooms, spring onion, and yellow pepper.

First cooked was the diced chorizo sausage, which provided the fat for the other ingredients. I added the diced carrot, mushrooms, some crushed garlic, and the spring onion, and cooked them for around thirty minutes, until tender. Also added were strips of yellow pepper. Twenty minutes of cooking all told.

I added some boiling water to the mix, and stirred together thoroughly. I addded smoked paprika and oregano to the dish.

I used Thai black rice as part of the rice combo. This releases a lot of purple dye in the course of cooking, so I precooked that for fifteen minutes, and drained it. After that, I added the black rice to the American long grain rice, cooked for another fifteen minutes.

Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment